Md Nazmul Hasan Topu
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant,
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (2019- present)
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
Founder, Scholarship School BD
Founding Engineer, Tensorbundle Lab
Other Voluntary Roles:
1. Community Leadership:
Vice-chair (university relations)
Bangladeshi Engineers & Computer Science Professionals of British Columbia, Canada
2. UBC affiliated leadership role:
Secretary, Graduate Student Association, ECE dept. (2021- 2022 term),
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Antenna engineering, Machine learning, Wireless communication
19 research paper publications in Journal & International Conferences.
Google scholar profile:
279 citations, h-index: 8, i10-index: 8, visit his Google Scholar profile
Scholarships & Honors Received:
1. FYF PhD Fellowship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada [2019-present]
2. GSI PhD Scholarship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada [2019-present]
3. President's Academic Excellence Initiative in PhD, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada 
4. Outstanding STEM Student Scholarship in MS, South Korea.[Sep 2016-Feb 2019]
5. Presidential Scholarship at UET Peshawar in BSc through Education Ministry of Bangladesh. [2007-2011]
Other Prestigious offers received:
1. DPhil (PhD) offer from University of Oxford, UK
2. PhD scholarship offer from University of Queensland, Australia
3. PhD scholarship offer from Arizona State University, USA
1. Antenna Webinar Talk hosted by IEEE Joint Aerospace & Electromagnetics Vancouver, Canada (December 2020)
2. International Conference Presentation in IEEE APS-URSI, Montreal, Canada (July 2020)
3. International Conference Presentation in ISAP, Busan, South Korea (Oct 2018)
National News Paper Article Publications:
1. বাংলাদেশি শিক্ষার্থীদের এক্সচেঞ্জ স্কলারশিপে কানাডায় পড়ার সুযোগ, দৈনিক প্রথম আলো
2. করোনা: বিদেশে উচ্চ শিক্ষার প্রস্তুতি, দৈনিক প্রথম আলো
3. স্ত্রী ও মেয়েকে উচ্চশিক্ষা ও গবেষণায় সুযোগ দেবেন তো, দৈনিক প্রথম আলো
Journal Reviewer, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering - Wiley
IEEE Graduate Student Member
Member, IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society (SSCS)
Member, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (APS)
Member, IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S)
Md Nazmul Hasan was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He passed secondary school exam (SSC) from Motijheel Model High School Dhaka and went to Adamjee Cantonment College, Dhaka, Bangladesh in higher secondary certificate exam (HSC). He was the first-boy in Motijheel Model High School Dhaka until SSC. He has been meritorious since his childhood. His bachelor, Masters, and PhD - all were full scholarship.
He is currently pursuing PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering at University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada with prestigious FYF Fellowship, President's Academic Excellence Initiative PhD Award and GSI scholarship. He is also working as a Research Assistant (RA) and a Teaching Assistant (TA) at UBC, Vancouver. In February 2019, he completed MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from South Korea with the outstanding STEM Graduate scholarship. Before coming to South Korea, he was studying executive MBA at IBA, University of Dhaka but dropped out to pursue MS in South Korea. Prior to MS, he received the prestigious President scholarship of Pakistan awarded through the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh to pursue his BSc in Electrical Engineering from a public engineering university in Pakistan, University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar (UET Peshawar).
After MS degree from South Korea, he received admission offer in DPhil (PhD) program at the Engineering Science Department of The University of Oxford, UK. Additionally, he also received PhD scholarship at the University of Queensland, Australia and at Arizona State University, USA. However, with all these offers available, he preferred to move to Canada in 2019 for PhD.
While he was in undergrad final year, he established the world’s 1st CST Microwave Studio based antenna design YouTube channel called Tensorbundle which quickly grew as the most viewed Antenna engineering CST YouTube channel in the world. He has led several collaborative antenna projects with researchers from Oxford and other universities such as Technische Universität Chemnitz Germany, Macquiare University Australia, Boise State University USA, KU Leuven Belgium, and IIT Dhanbad India. These research works have been published in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in USA, Canada, and Japan. At present, he is working in collaboration for his first's book chapter on wireless communication engineering with a professor at University of Arkansas, USA.
As an altruistic social service to his country Bangladesh, he has also established a scholarship platform for Bangladeshi students called Scholarship Schools BD which provides scholarship guidelines, research opportunities, and higher studies suggestions to Bangladeshi students.
Beyond his regular electronics research works, he loves reading philosophical aspects of mathematics and physics. At leisure, he enjoys turning mystery/detective book pages with several cups of coffees. Additionally, he also likes to travel and spend time in nature. He loves pets, specially cats.